Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Self-Reflection



1) My work was sufficient enough to understand the concept of the book and by all means the project itself. I think there were a few parts of my project which could have been strengthened to form a more compelling project. Overall, however, I think that the project had very good pictures which helped further reinforce my point. The project also had good explanations for things like the piece of art and the poem.
2) I did like this project because it was a new and different way of learning something from a book and we were able to show our creative side and create something new all together. It was a great experience to be able to take part in a whole new way of learning and I liked the fact that technology was even incorporated allowing us, as the new generation of upcoming adults, to better ourselves for the future by learning the technology of our society.
3) My work reflects my learning because I learned how to reinforce the purpose of something better than I used to in the sense that I expressed Paul’s feelings to a great extent. Not only did I do this in words though, I learned to express it through things such as poems or pieces of art. The project offered me the opportunity to do all these things making it all the more a likeable project.
4) I learned that I feel almost the same way as Paul Baumer because I do feel that war is the cause of senseless killing in the name of conquering another country. This even happens when the defending country didn’t do anything. I also feel war necessary, however, because war is what brought about our independence because we fought for what we believed in, we being America as a people.
5) I learned that war is feared by more people than some think and that it brings pain to a lot of people. Life’s lessons should be taken into account and taken seriously by everyone because almost all of them present a good point and help them to understand life and to better themselves in society.

No comments: